Monday, November 20, 2006

Brownie Smores



Sunday we had the team dinner that I was put in charge of. The most work I had to do was make 8-10 phone calls. My Girl seemed v. impressed by this, and said she had to go to see the results of all my hard work!

I had to miss her soccer game to set up that day. I was glad I went early, though, because the school janitor (named Earnest!) knew nothing about the event or it's set up, even tho we'd put it onto the school calendar! Luckily the caterer showed up right after I found the janitor, and together they worked out the best way to get the equiment into the area where we were holding the dinner.

I'd asked all the volunteers to bring about 2-dozen baked goods, and set about baking some myself. I was going to make a couple batches of brownies, but as I was making the first batch, I saw a recipe on the box for Brownie Smores. Yum! I love smores!
----------------------------

Brownie Smores

I cooked a batch of brownies in a 9x13" container. When they were "just" done, I took them out of the oven, and sprinked 1/2 bag of chocolate chips and 1/2 bag miniature marshmallows on top. Then I returned the pan to the oven for about 3 minutes. I took them out again, and then pressed graham crackers onto the top and let them cool completely (overnight).

I accidently put the crackers onto the brownies whole, where the recipe actually said to break them into quarters first. So I had to break them while they were on top of the brownies (before they cooled). So you might not net as many if you space them out more, where mine were a bit crowded.

Anyway, the next day I cut around the graham crackers, and if they weren't neat I sort of pressed them together, and they tasted GREAT! No nutritional value whatsoever, but v. tasty.

---------------------

I got a lot of credit for coordinating this event, but honestly, I felt a bit guilty about that because it was pretty easy for me.

When it was time for dessert, my smores just dissapeared off the plate! The Girl said she heard one boy say, "What are those?" and another answered, "I don't know, but they're good." It was funny to see it happen so fast! MJ was there, and she said, "Well, looks like you've got your plate back!"

This week the kids started the girls basketball season. The Boy is coaching again, and the Girl is on his team. Hopefully he'll take it a little less seriously this year. Hopefully he'll have a better season himself, too.

No comments: