Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

We had our Thanksgiving a day later than the "real" day when everyone else ate. We had a nice day, the Girl and I. I cooked ahead the stuffing, broccoli, and the cranberry sauce. the Girl made brownies. The Boy ate at his GFF's uncles and she brought him back late.

I had to go to the store because K didn't buy the kind of sausage I usually use for stuffing.. They didn't have any in the store! All they had was a habanero flavored sausage, so I had to get for that.

Friday K really wanted to get my car fixed, so I drove it to Burbank and drove around with the Mechanic a little so he could hear the rattle. K met me there and brought me home.

We put the turkey in the oven and I started the sweet potato casserole. I made the bread topping for the broccoli casserole, and tried to keep the kitchen clean. The Girl made mashed potatoes and I made an apple crisp for desert.

The GFF's parents stopped by when they dropped her off for dinner with us. Her mom I'd met before, but I was surprised to meet her father, as he was rather tall and handsome, and none of his kids really resembled him. His daughter is beautiful, I'm just saying.

We had a nice dinner, but the stuffing was kindof a roller coaster ride. Whew! Everyone liked it though, except for the GFF.

She doesn't like spicy food. And habanero? HOT!!!

No comments: