Saturday, November 06, 2010

Migraine Pills

I have been getting migraines for many years. I was lucky to find a medicine that worked for me, but I have a major complaint against the packaging.

The first med came 3 pills to a little plastic box. I felt it was wrong to throw them out, so I didn't really know what to do with all the leftovers. They were packaged carefully, so I guess it's bad for the pills to get somehow smashed or punctured.

Now, they changed my Rx as my old med is now not covered, and I had to use a new one, that I might even like better than the old pills. But why, why, why is it so hard to get to them?

OK, I already have a headache. Now I have to figure out how to get to the stupid pill?

The new pills come in a regular box, which I like. They are in plastic bubbles, on a sheet of 3 pills. They are perforated, so you can get them apart, but here's where it gets tricky.

There's a triangle at the edge which can bend and snap off (also perforated),with a thin covering of foil on top of a layer of something else. The thing is that when you use the triangle and try to peel the foil back, it doesn't work. It's very hard to get the foil back, but even if you do, you have to get through the layer of paper or whatever below it.

And remember, I have a headache. I usually end up poking my fingernail through the layers I can, and peeling it back to expose the hopefully unharmed pill.

I don't know what they are afraid of happening to that pill that would be worse than my trying to poke it out with my fingernail!

No comments: