Wednesday, January 06, 2010

My Plan

We had some work done in the basement in November. New flooring, ceiling stripped of popcorn, paint. This meant clearing everything OUT of the basement (and our bedroom), and this was a BIG job.

The Girl was helping us at first, mostly carrying books outside. She stopped and asked me, "Mom, do you have so many books because you don't want people to think you watch too much TV?" Wha? Isn't that a funny question?

I told her no, it's because I like to read. She said, "Well, that explains why you BUY the books, but no why you KEEP them!" I explained that some I like to look at again or refer to later.

But she got me thinking, and I have too much stuff in general, but also too many books. So as we unpack, we're paring down and hoping to clear out LOTs of stuff.

So I don't really need to make a resolution, but this year I plan to get rid of lots more stuff.

Also, I'm determined to find a way to lose weight that doesn't involve stopping drinking.

Exercise! Next week the Girl and I start tennis lessons again.

Here's to carrying around less weight this year! I'll drink to that!

No comments: