Wednesday, December 06, 2006

I can't afford my life!

I've been thinking about getting another job, as I feel we're running out of money and it would be nice to have some extra for Christmas. Then came the expensive ND game, which was more expensive than we'd planned.

Then K took my car in to check a tire, and they said I need new tires. Of course, and 4 of them too. My car is a nice one, so I dread anything ever going wrong on that car, as everything is so damn expensive on it. And these are especially big tires, that look really nice, but are expensive. So he told me it would be $750, and I about had a heart attack! I finally convinced him to just replace the front tires for now.

Then, the microwave tried to catch on fire! So we have to buy a new one, but meanwhile, we have to boil water on the stove for coffee. How archaic! And it's hard to heat up leftovers. Plus, that was our only clock in the kitchen, so we keep looking at it, forgetting that it won't tell us the time anymore.

Then there's a looming dentist appointment, where they're trying to soak me for at least $300 I'm sure. And I need new printer cartridges.

Oh, I almost forgot about the text messaging! I upgraded my service and told the Boy he had unlimited text messaging. Then I got the bill and there were $98 in text messaging charges! So I called them and found out that it's not UNLIMITED, but up to 500 free a month. So thinking that should be enough, I asked what the problem was. The problem turned out to be 1112 text messages! I think that sounds excessive, but the woman at Verizon said she's seen as many as 6000 per month!

Sigh

Anyway, I'm off to Best Buy to shop for Christmas. And a new microwave.

No comments: