Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Brokeback bullshit



The other day I watched "Brokeback Mountain" because it was free on HBO or one of the MAX stations. When it was over, I felt like, huh? That was Brokeback bullshit!

It really (REALLY) bothered me that Heath Ledger's wife had that whole scene about "I wondered why you never brought back any fish!" when know perfectly well that she saw them kissing before they ever went anywhere! Don't you think she'd say, "Why were you kissing that guy?" instead of "why didn't you ever bring back any fish?" I thought that was very poor scene planning and story telling.

And then the end where Jake Gyllenhaal's wife (Anne Hathaway!) explains things one way and then we see a flash of an alternate ending... I just didn't like that. That was strange storytelling too, in my opinion. And why didn't the mom even ask why he was taking the shirt away?

But the scenery was beautiful and the cinematography awesome. The acting was very, very good. It's just that the story had problems, if you ask me. But you didn't, so please feel free to disregard above opinion of a critical moviegoer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahahaha, you've got to be kidding!!

CK said...

No, I'm not!