Thursday, April 06, 2006

My trip was fine until I came home!




I had lots of fun seeing my family in Denver and looking at potential properties. It's always fun to look, I think. It was hard to squeeze in the work (my regular work) I did there, but I managed to get some other things done, too.

Friday I went out to lunch with Mom mi hermanas. I love Vietnames noodle bowls they have there, and I haven't found anything similar in LA. Yum! Mom didn't like her food much. Driving home M was following us, and I needed to tell her something, so I stuck my arm out the window and waved my open cell phone, so she'd know to answer it! When I called she said, "I got your message!" I packed and worked online and pretty soon it was time for dinner and then time to go!

I'd booked a late flight, but getting in at 11:20 pm wasn't TOO bad. Well, when I got to the airport, the flight had already been delayed to LEAVE at 11:20. For some reason we had to wait for a pilot from Chicago, and they were running late. The plane didn't leave until 1:30am, and I arrived in LA at 3:00am!

It wouldn't have been so boring if even one of my family had been there. I hunkered down and read nearly half of the new Michal Connelly book (it's good, but he's one of my favorite authors.)

There was a bunch of us waiting, some had it worse than I did. One lady was somehow bumped from her flight to Burbank, but her bags were still going there! A lot of them seemed to have been on a previous flight together.

Everyone on the plane was really tired by the time we boarded, so the lights went out and I cuddled under my coat (it was cold on that plane!) I'd been planning to request a free drink for all the delay, but I was too tired. I think I slept, but it was the kind of sleep where you're mind's so active that you think you're not sleeping. But you have to be because the time goes by pretty quickly.

We finally landed and stumbled toward the baggage claim area. It seemed like it took forever for our bags to come out. I was gettng really annoyed with United that night.

K was right there and we hugged and said hi, and a cop was right there to start writing him a ticket! So he had to go around the airport about 3 times (because the bags took so long), and I was really getting annoyed with the ticket cops because, for crying out loud, it was 3:00 IN THE FREAKING MORNING!! Give a person a break, already!

That seemed so late, but it turned out to be just the start of our adventure that morning.

No comments: