Friday, March 24, 2006

Last Friday we drove to San Diego.

It took is 4 hours to get there! Our friend C, who left an hour before us, got there in 3 hours. Our friend S, who left a little after us, got there in 5 hours! It was raining, and Friday afternoon, but still!!

Thus, the road pictures for my 30-day challenge. It's interesting to me the things I can find in this city that I never knew were there! I haven't stayed faithful to my extra (Lent) activities EVERY day, but MOST days I get at least 2 of them in.

Speaking of which, I have to say that I'm feeling great. I'm more energetic these days, which is probably from the exercising (or meditating.)

Every year around my birthday I try on new clothes, and am faced with the depressing fact that I'm not as thin as I think I am. Clothes I think should fit me look tight, and every year I have to face the fact that I'm fatter than I want to be! Every year it gets worse, and the fat tries to hide itself in different places.

Well, I refuse to give up. I'm going to continue to fight this battle until my waistline looks better!! I have a (short) cruise coming up next month, and I've got to get in better swimsuit shape ASAP! It's already working a little bit (I think!)

Anyway, I didn't have as much fun in San Diego as I had expected, as I had to stay home that night with my little girl, and thus did not go out with the boys. It wouldn't have been so bad except K came in really late (3am) and woke me up (again at 4am), and I never really got back to sleep properly. Then the next day we'd planned to see our friend's son play in a soccer tourney, but the other team forfitted, and we ended up leaving.

But one fun thing was that we got to take Gallo with us. We were trying to find a place to leave him (where is his vacine paperwork?), and finally called the hotel who said they accept pets for another $10/night! As long as we didn't leave him alone in the room. He was so good, too. God bless Vagabond hotels.

That was fun.

No comments: