Sunday, April 23, 2006

Yesterday I came home and my daughter came running up to me to say hi.

Immediately I noticed something was different about her. Part of her eyebrow was missing! About a quarter of an inch from the inside, on one eye only. She hadn't looked like that since she got into the Nair when she as about 2 years old!

But now she's 9, and what the...? I asked her if she'd done it with a razor, and she said no, she'd used tweezers from the drawer in the bathroom. I asked her why and she just shrugged.

My efforts to get to the bottom of it have been useless. I tried again later, asking what had motivated her to do it. She just shrugged. I asked if she had noticed that she'd gone to far, and she said no. I asked if she thought it looked good, and she again shrugged.

So finally I started complaining that we are just about to go on a short cruise with people I work with, and now my daughter's going to look funny.

She just said, "Sorr-eeee!"

Argh.

No comments: