Thursday, November 08, 2007

Halloween and soccer

Halloween was anticlimatic this year. At the last minute, the Girl said she wanted to go with her friend who was Trick or Treating at her Grandparents house. Evidently they close down the whole street for the event.

Of course the Boy was off with his friends, so I said I'd just stay home and give out candy. This was the first year I didn't go with The Girl. The first year since I can remember that I didn't go with either child.

But that's OK, I stayed home to give out candy. The only thing was, only about 3 sets of people came by! So I gave everyone a good handful and was done with it.

Later I had to go pick up The Girl at her friend's grandparent's house. Holy Moley! The main street to get there was filled in the median with parked cars. I drove to the top and was able to park, and I walked over to the street in question. It was PACKED! This is a residential neighborhood. What happened to people trick or treating in their OWN neighborhoods?

The friend's mom said that her parents had 2,500 pieces of candy, but there were so many people that they were giving it out one at a time. And they ran out of candy, so finally had to shut their door and turn off the lights!

I don't see the advantage for the kids, if you're only getting one piece of candy at every home. But I hear the homes there are really done up for this holiday, so maybe that makes it worth it.
--------------

Over the weekend, the Girl's soccer team had another game. They're doing really well this year, and have only lost 2 games all season. No ties. 8 wins. But the team last weekend was no joke, and I was nervous the entire game!

Even tho her team scored quickly - on about the second play! Then, the Girl, from defense, kicked a ball that flew high into the air and right into the goal! Then the coach put her up front for a little bit, and she scored again!

I keep complaining that the coach doesn't put her up front enough, but this should keep me quiet for awhile. As long as she gets the chance to score now and then I'll be happy.

Next week my in-laws will be visiting, and the team will be playing the toughest other team in our bracket. They beat her team last time, and they'll be looking for revenge! That team is very tough on defense, but they haven't won as many games as our team.

The in-laws just arrived, so hopefully we'll go eat something yummy!

No comments: