Monday, June 05, 2006

For Memorial Day,


I worked at a booth my company set up in the town next door, for their annual parade. We gave out water, juice, and cookies, and it all seemed much appreciated.

I took Josie with me, and she was pretty good and helpful as usual. The parade was fun, but it got a little hot out there in the sun. I like seeing all the little cars and bands and people walk by, but Josie got tired of it after awhile and was bugging me to leave.

I told her I couldn't leave, altho it turned out later I probably could have. But it was over before long anyway. Toward the end she stated shouting at me, "Mom! MOM!!!" I looked over and said, "What?"

She said, "Hanna Montana!"

This is her favorite screen personality, favorite show. So what? I gave her a quizical look.

She said, "She just went by! Hanna Montana!"

I said, "Really?" Guess I hadn't been looking! So we chased down the car, now about 1/2 block away, and got a picture. Even if it was only with my camera phone.

Good thing we stayed!

No comments: