Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Cruise dream

I often have dreams about being on vacation, often around water. Last night I dreamed I was on a cruise ship. I went outside to look at the water, and saw that the waves were really high. In fact I looked up, and the wave seemed to be as high as the sky, ready to crash down on the ship. So I ran back indoors and everything was fine.

If water often represents emotions, this dream would seem to say that I'm overwhelmed and scared of strong feelings. My own or those outside of me? Probably both. I'm scared of feelings so strong that they might destroy me.

Back inside the ship, I had trouble finding K. When I found him, he was busy with friends and promised to meet up with me later.

I went into a room with some other people, and there was a guy sitting next to me. I was visiting with these people, and the guy put his hand on my leg. For some reason I left it there, and didn't tell him to move it away.

Later I was back to looking for K, and ultimately ended the dream feeling frustrated and disappointed that he wasn't around for me.

In real life, this is possibly because he stayed in CO a week longer than I did, and therefore is literally not around. Or it might reflect my frustration that when he gets around his friends, sometimes the needs of his family are put on the back burner, and I feel hurt that I'm not getting the attention and affection that I normally get at home.

Anyway, I don't often remember my dreams anymore, so I thought I would write this one down.

No comments: