Monday, September 15, 2008

Leaving me angry and bleh


The Boy has been off to the dorms for 2 weeks now. At first it bothered me more than I would have thought - there was an odd emptiness in my solar plexus and a lurching of my stomach. But he really is a considerate boy - before he left he did something that made me SO mad at him! I haven't told his father, because he was right and I was wrong, and I hate hearing that.

But K knows I am angry with the Boy, and that it helps me not miss him, but he never asks what I am angry about. On some deep intuitive level, he must know that he really, REALLY, doesn't want to know. So instead of asking, he just suggests something, like, "About what, his life?" and I say "Yes, that's it."

Right now I'm not feeling the love. I feel like "bleh."My immediate family is very nice, but the rest of my family kindof sucks. I called my three sisters yesterday, and only one called me back. I guess I should just be glad about that. I send people emails, and people don't bother to respond. People change their blogs and take me off their list. Bloggers I read are quitting or taking breaks.

So I'm admitting to myself that I waste far too much time on the internet, and I should focus my energies on projects that might somehow make me some money. Or some friends. I guess I just keep this blog for myself, but I'd save some time if I just wrote it and didn't post it. Someday I'll print it all out for myself.

Bleh.

1 comment:

Sheila @ Dr Cason.org said...

There's a subtle difference between doing something "Important but not Urgent" and "Not Important and not Urgent". Internet surfing can get that way.

What was initially cool and intriguing can get in our way of actually doing the things that fulfill us.

Of course I say this because I've been on the computer for an hour and what I really want to do is finish the laundry and read a book!