Monday, April 28, 2008

Hats for the Homeless

I discovered a pattern for crocheting hats, and it's just something to do while I watch TV or whatever. But I can crank one out in a couple of nights. Next thing I knew, I was accumulating too many hats!

So I had the idea, what if every time I see a homeless person asking for money, I gave them a hat? "I don't have any spare money," I'd say, "but here, have a hat!" I had a vision of homeless people all over LA wearing my little hats.

But then I got to thinking that if I DID give someone a hat when they were asking for money, they might get angry instead! "What do I need a hat for, lady? It's summertime!"

And one time, when I actually had a hat in the car, I drove by a homeless person asking for money, but he already HAD a hat on. And it was a much nicer hat than mine! (I think it was Nike) Plus he had some really spiffy glasses on, too.

So I don't know. I like the name, I like the idea. But I think it needs a little work.

No comments: