Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Tired feet and a headache

Yesterday I came home with tired feet and a headache. I like children a lot, but I saw 12 groups of them a day! All different age groups!

One group of preschoolers included 2 children who were crying. Loudly. I felt like asking them, "Could you please try to cry more quietly, so that the other children can hear me?" But apparently they were under the impression that loudness would help.

One of them stopped after awhile, but one little boy was worked up into a frenzy. He kept crying, "I WANT MY MOMMY!" Finally he handed me a little phone and insisted that I call his mommy. I looked closely at it, and it was a toy. I said, "What's your name?" and he yelled, "I WANT MY MOMMY!" So I took the phone and said, "Hello? Mommy? Your little boy is here and he's crying for you. What? OK, I'll tell him." and I told the boy, "Your mommy says to tell you that she loves you very much, and she'll be here as soon as she can."

That's about all I could do for him. By then end of class, he was finally interested in something enough to stop crying, but on the way back to class the other little cryer tripped and fell and started crying again.

I don't know why my feet hurt so much, I guess I'm not used to standing and walking all day.

Last night I was so tired, but The Girl wanted me to watch her practice gymnastics in the back yard, so I dragged my butt out there to see her. Since I never see my son anymore, I feel I should make the extra effort for my remaining child. It was kindof nice sitting on the porch watching and visiting with her as the day was ending. It's not her fault I'm so old and tired.

Later she asked me if Ellen Winfrey was gay. I said that Oprah Winfrey is not gay (that I know of), but Ellen DeGeneres is. She said, "Is that Ellen's real name?" I said, "Yes, I think so." She responded, "Oh. That's a weird name." I said, "What? DeGeneres?" She said, "Oh, it's DeGeneres? I thought it was Generous." I said, "What? Ellen The Generous? I guess that WOULD be a strange name, like Attila the Hun or Henry the VIII."

Altho Ellen IS generous, I think that Oprah is a little more generous. After all, she's the one that started the whole daily giveaway thing.

Today on Regis and Kelly, Billy Bob T was there to plug his new movie, "Woodcock." He said his dad had been a coach, and Regis asked if any of his dad was in his character in the movie. Billy Bob said, "Oh yeah, Dad had a little Woodcock in him."

Ha.

1 comment:

lapommier said...

i would be terrible at working with children...
you're a good mommy and you sure don't look "old".
oooh billy bob...so funny.