Saturday, May 20, 2006

How come every time I try harder, it gets harder?

I've been trying harder to take care of the details in my life. I'm trying to pay bills faster, and get some details out of the way faster. Like negotiate with the low-balling insurance company, getting another car, stopping my old dialup ISP from charging to my credit card - you know, little aggravating details.

So the other day when I checked the mail, I was surprised to see a letter from parking violations! I opened it up, and thought it must be a mistake. I thought it was about a ticket I got a year ago when I picked up my sister from the airport - but I knew I'd paid that. So I looked closer, and saw it was indeed at the airport, but it was dated April 1st! At 3:15 in the morning!

If someone gives you a ticket, shouldn't they actually GIVE it to you? Shouldn't you KNOW you got a ticket? If we weren't there long enough to GET a ticket, why should they give us one?

Wasn't it enough to get into an accident that totalled my car that night? Did we have to get a ghost ticket on top of that?

Why even give tickets at 3 in the morning? Was it crowded at the curb? No. Shouldn't people who have to catch a ride at 3 in the morning get some kind of break? Or people that are picking up people at that hour? Do they really need to worry about getting a ticket, too?

Geez!

No comments: