Friday, February 17, 2006

I had a nice Valentines Day.



K brought me home flowers and a candy bar in the morning. All day I'd planned to give him the little gift I'd bought him at Target (a little candy tin), but when the time came I learned that J had lost it in her closet. She was hiding it for me, but I should have known better than to put anything into that Bermuda Triangle of her room.

While I was at work, I called and made a reservation at Osterio None's. I love that place. It turned out to be a good thing, too, because when we arrived there (after soccer practice in Burbank) about 7:30, it was packed!

Which is good, because I want restaurants I like to do well and prosper and stay in business, but it was crowded. K let me order, so we shared a spaghetti cruda and a pizza parmesana, and I had a glass of red zinfandel. We were remembering the time we went out for his birthday in Rome, and we ended up trading dinners and loving it!

I also made pop-up valentines cards for the whole family, since I had the leftover supplies from leading this activity for the Brownies. Plus, when J came home from practice, I had cut up some strawberries and heated some chocolate (so easy in the microwave), so we had a delicious red snack before we went out. J gets so into holidays that it motivates me to try to make things special for her. I know she appreciated it because she loves chocolate.

The kids stayed home and ate pizza when K and I went out. When we left she said, "Have fun you lovebirds!"

Isn't she the cutest?

No comments: