Tuesday, January 24, 2006

The reason I say "This is the 818 area code" on my message machine.

The other day I was waiting around at Josie's basketball practice (1.5 Hrs!) and my cell phone rang. I picked it up, and it sounded like a young girl on the other end. She said "Are you a hotel?" and I replied that no, I was not a hotel.

"Well, what are you?" she asked.

This question confused me. What was I? I was not a building, I knew that for sure. I didn't know how to begin to describe what I am. I sort of stammered out, "Well, I'm,...I'm... I'm a PERSON!"

She said OK and hung up.

About 15 minutes later the phone rang again. I picked it up again and was asked, "Are you a hotel?" Again, I stated that I was NOT a hotel. I was curious about this problem, so I asked her, "Where are you calling from?"

She was smart, tho. Smart enough to say,"I can't tell you that. But I'm looking on the internet and this is the phone number for a hotel."

So I asked, "Is in the 818 area code?"

She said, "No, it's 816."

So I said, "Well, this is the 818 area code."

And she said, "Oh, OK. Bye."

And I said Bye to her as well.

No comments: